Sunday, November 30, 2008

EDM310 Podcasts

I have enjoyed listening to the podcasts of the other future teachers as well as the one I was a part of. I must say that after listening to my own, it did not sound as bad as I thought it did. I strongly suggest that the next time I do little more research on my topic before I discuss it. I could have been a little enthused about my topic. I must say Larrica Smith did a swell job on the podcast. She kept the questions coming for me. Overall we completed our task even though it was just the two of us.



The next podcast I listened to was done by Danielle Tasker, Stephanie Ellis, and Jalisa Mobley. Their podcast was on the same subject as the one me and Larrica talked about, " Facebook as an educational tool". These young ladies did an excellent job going into depth about facebook and how it works. They gave wonderful examples on how it can be used as an educational tool. They pointed out things Larrica and I did not talk about. It is a good thing Dr. Strange had two sets of each podcasts so that everyone can get different views of each.



The third podcast I listened to was the discussion about Randy Pausch's Last Lecture. Daniel Griffin, Brandy Wimberly, and Amanda Bentley were the podcasters. The overall podcast was great. Daniel did well, but he needed to work on a few things. He needed to choose his words carefully, think before he spoke, and allow his fellow podcasters the opportunity to finish their statements before cutting them off and speaking over them.



The fourth podcast I listened to was a discussion on the subject of YouTube being an educational tool. The podcasters included Adrienne Lynch, Brian Stevens, and Joylyn Reese. They did an excellent job with answering the question. They all agree that YouTube can be used as an educational tool. The only thing that needed to be fixed were the long pauses in between the speakers. Their flow could have been a little more steady.



Every one of the podcasts I listened to were very insightful on the subjects. They gave great examples on the subject and how they can be helpful and incorporated into educational.

No comments: